Event Cancellations: Updated 22 March
- Park Street Village Hall: All upcoming classes, events and meetings are hereby CANCELLED
- PSRA AGM & Reception 15 April postponed to a future date
- Litter Picks in the Village All planned litter picks at the current time have been postponed
- Fun day at the Village Hall on Saturday 21st March Cancelled
- Village Hall Quiz on 4th April Cancelled
- PARK STREET VILLAGE HALL – YOGA/BREATHING/RELAXATION & CHAIR YOGA – please note ALL CLASSES CANCELLED GOING LIVE
- Hertfordshire Health Walks temporarily ceased until further notice (Download this Rights of Way Google Map to add to your phone, or visit the site for more ideas of walks you can do on your own.)
- CANCELLED: AGM & A County at War, Life on the Home Front in Hertfordshire by Howard Guard, Frogmore Society, Tuesday 19th May
- Community Tree Planting on 29 March has been cancelled
Many in our community have begun self-isolating, in order to reduce the risk of infection by this virus, particularly the elderly and people with conditions which make them especially vulnerable to infection.
One local resident, Hayley Franks has started a group “Here to Help“ for people in our neighbourhood to ask for and to offer help to people here who are home bound and self-isolating.
If you’re wiling and able to help, join the discussion at https://www.facebook.com/groups/224500272078733/?ref=gs&fref=gs&dti=408624269616382&hc_location=group Even a phone call to check in is appreciated, if you’re unable to get out.
Update 18 March: News From Park Street “Delivered shopping if you are self-isolating” and more information during this confusing time.
Legitimate Sources of Information
Hertfordshire Council is maintaining an information page with relevant links and up to the minute information about the virus here.
There is a plethora of good information online, but we’ll continue sharing anything relevant and useful to our community.
Unfortunately, with the virus outbreak comes rumour and speculation which you may start seeing much more often, including text copy/pasted on Facebook. The best rule of thumb is to not share the information, especially if it’s attributed to friends or relatives of people in the know. Remember, any changes or discoveries, etc. will be shared worldwide by legitimate news sources. Please always verify first before passing on second or third hand information.