This week’s message is ‘Please get vaccinated – don’t let a case of COVID spoil your summer’
As of 19 July, we have moved to Step 4 of the roadmap. However, the pandemic is not over, cases are increasing rapidly. Although in Step 4 many of the legal restrictions will be lifted, cautious guidance will remain as this is not yet a return to normal. We still need everyone to do the basics:
- Get vaccinated if you’re 18 or over
- Testing when you have symptoms using a PCR test, and isolating when positive or contacted by NHS Test and Trace, or when advised to by the NHS COVID-19 app.
- Keep washing your hands thoroughly and regularly
- Ventilate workplaces and social spaces
- Take a rapid or ‘lateral flow’ test twice a week, if you don’t have symptoms
- While cases of COVID are rising rapidly in our area, it is essential that everybody follows the guidance and takes action to protect themselves and others. Many shops, businesses, employers and individuals will choose to continue with social distancing and wearing face coverings in crowded indoor areas. You can read more about the step 4 rules Click Here
- It’s another bumper week for walk-in vaccination clinics. There are plenty of stocks of the three vaccines currently licensed for use in the UK – Moderna, Pfizer and AstraZeneca – all our centres need now are more people to vaccinate! Queuing is very unlikely at our many venues.
- Don’t forget that everyone should now bring their second dose forward to eight weeks after their first, to get the best protection.
- For details of all the walk-in and pop-up clinics coming up in the next week in Hertfordshire and West Essex Click Here Alternatively, people can call 119 for help to make a convenient booking.
- If you know someone with a question or concern which has caused them to delay their vaccination, you don’t have to be an expert to help them, just encourage them to look at our online information centre, and frequently asked questions Click Here
For all your Covid Information Resources at CDA Herts please Click Here including:
- False information and Needle Phobia
- Information about the vaccination programme in different languages and formats
- CIC created videos in different languages about vaccinations and pregnancy
- Covid Information Slides translated into 7 Languages
- HertsHelp: www.hertshelp.net email or call 0300 123 4044
Continue to develop PSRA’s ability to communicate effectively with all residents
Communication is the 3rd PSRA Key Area of Focus