Dear Watch Member,
A brand new OWL mobile app has been launched so the latest alerts can be received instantly as a notification on your phone or tablet.
By downloading the OWL app and opening it once, you will receive alerts based on your current postcode location. The postcode can be changed and other nearby zones of interest can be selected. No registration or password is needed.
Choose to enable alerts for local issues in your community and other categories covering Business, Shop, Dog, Canal, Horse and Rural. (Availability varies by location)
The OWL app alerts you to incidents near to where you live or at your current physical location – if you’re visiting one of the participating counties or boroughs. The most important alerts such as burglary, car crime, robbery and missing person appeals will arrive as notifications, while anything less urgent will land inside the app to be read at leisure.
The app isn’t linked to your existing OWL account and may show a variation of messages since it’s postcode based. You will continue to receive OWL messages by email, the usual service is not changing.
Other app features:
- Share alerts with social media and messaging services
- Latest scam alerts from ActionFraud
- Report a crime online
- Translate an alert to any language (if your phone’s default language isn’t English)
- See who your local police officers are and the priorities for your area
- No adverts and no in-app purchases
How to get the OWL app
Search the App Store or Google Play for “owl crime alerts” or use the appropriate link below.
If you like the app please rate it kindly in your app store. Thank you.
Police Contact Advice
- Telephone 999 in an emergency where there is a danger to life or a crime is in progress.
- Telephone 101 for non-emergencies where police attendance is required, to report a crime or to report any other incidents.
- Alternatively, visit www.herts.police.uk/contact to report a non-emergency crime online or chat to a police operator live via our web chat service.
- If you are calling about the above message, please tell us that you are responding to a message from OWL.
Continue to develop PSRA’s ability to communicate effectively with all residents
Communication is the 3rd PSRA Key Area of Focus