Cases of the COVID-19 Delta variant are rising across the country, so it’s vital people continue to follow the latest Government advice to prevent the spread of the virus:-
- Washing your hands regularly
- Using a face covering (unless exempt)
- Following social distancing
- Letting in fresh air and meeting people outside
- Getting vaccinated when it’s your turn – including going for your second dose
- Taking regular tests and self-isolating if you have symptoms
From Wednesday, 16 June, people aged 21 and over are now eligible for the vaccine. With both Pfizer and Moderna (the vaccinations currently recommended for younger adults) in fairly short supply, appointment availability is limited, and people may need to regularly check the National Booking Service to select from a range of vaccination sites across the county, or ring 119 to find a suitable slot.
Changes to vaccination sites – A few vaccination sites are changing location over the coming weeks. You will be contacted directly if your appointment is affected.
- The GP-led vaccination centre in Hertford has moved from the theatre to McMullens Brewery in the town
- The Bishop’s Stortford Avanti School vaccination centre closed on 14 June and will take over the Bishop’s Stortford Football Club vaccination centre site on 17 June
- The former Da Vinci School vaccination centre in Letchworth is closing on 20 June and will reopen in the former Argos building in Leys Square town centre shopping area on 24 June
The Government has created a SHARE checklist to help and protect you from false information online.
You can find more information about the vaccination programme, including FAQs and resources for adults with learning disabilities and resources in different languages and formats Click Here
Keep on doing the basics: Wash hands regularly and thoroughly. Keep distanced from others. Wear a face-covering when required. Self-isolate when told to do so
For more information and guidance for Residents and Businesses during the pandemic please Click Here
Continue to develop PSRA’s ability to communicate effectively with all residents
Communication is the 3rd PSRA Key Area of Focus