Happy New Year, one and all, in our first blog post of 2020!
You may have received a flyer from Hertfordshire.gov.uk advising of upcoming road closures, but for those of you who didn’t, here’s some more information compiled by a local resident, Gary Broadbent.
- Whitebeams closed for resurfacing between 07:30 and 18:00 on Friday 17th January.
- Park Street Lane closed for “Preparation works for Surface dressing” between the bottom of Maplefield and Tippendell Lane between 09:30 and 16:00 on Wednesday 29th to Friday 31st January.
- Hazel Road closed for “Preparation works for Micro Surfacing” between 07:30 and 18:00 on Saturday 1st February to Monday 3rd February.
- “The flyer only gives the dates above, but the One Network website also shows the Tuesday 4th February to Thursday 6th February as closure dates. Hopefully that’s a mistake.
- The map below, which is a screenshot from the One Network website, shows the areas affected.The Park Street Lane closure has a diversion route, but Hazel Road, being a cul-de-sac, doesn’t, and the flyers say that anyone wishing to use their vehicles during the closure times must move them outside the closure area at least 30 minutes before the closure time, so that’ll be fun for the surrounding area.”
Thanks to Park Street People & Places Facebook group administrator Gary Broadbent for this concise update on road works impacting some of us. The group is a great resource for all of us who live in the area. Highly recommended!
Keep abreast of all changes by bookmarking Herts Highways’ site here.